Being a Data Engineer at Mobile Vikings includes:
- Actively participating in the design, implementation and maintenance of data-driven solutions.
- Ensuring the availability of relevant information to business.
- Being a key player in enabling the use of data and information throughout the organization.
Your main responsibilities are
- To design, build and optimize the data models for reporting and dashboards.
- To develop and maintain the ETL jobs that support our data-driven processes.
- To develop distributed data processing pipelines able to correctly interpret even the largest of datasets.
- To connect with business users and translate their requirements into a solid technical solution.
- To improve the performance and stability of our data processes.
- To ensure that our data assets are properly governed.
You are the one
- Who has a Bachelor or Master in Computer Sciences, or relevant experience.
- Who has had a first experience working in a data-oriented role.
- Who is familiar with business intelligence concepts (Kimball, Inmon), ETL tooling (Pentaho), relational databases (PostgreSQL), data visualization tools (Tableau),...
- Who has a keen interest in distributed data technologies (Kafka, Spark, Kudu, ...) and possibly a first experience with them.
- Who speaks declarative (SQL) and imperative (Scala, Java, ...) languages.
- Who also speaks human languages (Dutch and English).
- Who embraces a challenge and actively looks for solutions.
- Who has an insatiable appetite for all things data.