At Mobile Vikings, an IT Infrastructure Engineer:
- Makes sure our IT Infrastructure in the Amazon Cloud is state-of-the-art, in close collaboration with our partner.
- Guarantees that our colleagues’ IT devices all work properly.
- Is passionate about making things tick.
- Keeps a close eye on his/her responsibilities within the different business processes.
- Supports our technical product owners in setting the right KPIs and in monitoring those.
- Keeps all relevant documentation up to date.
- Is part of a 24/7 on-call team.
- Thinks pragmatically and shows to be hands-on.
- Works strategically on our current infrastructure, which consists of:
- Physical servers at several partners
- Google Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
- Supports the office suite, in our case G Suite.
- Supports user management with different tools, e.g. LDAP & IAM.
Your main responsibilities are
- 3rd-line support on our CRM tooling.
- Our internal IT & infrastructure.
- Organising 24/7 support.
- Monitoring, alerting and providing documentation.
- Ensuring continuous improvement.
You are the one
- Who can write technical and functional specs.
- Who has a keen interest in (mobile) telco.
- Who has excellent communication skills.
- Who’s a team player, but can work independently as well, and who takes ownership.
- Who’s acquainted with app security and network infrastructure.
- Who has knowledge of and passion for container virtualisation technologies and is able to apply those in a Kubernetes orchestration system.
- Who has thorough knowledge of Terraform and its possibilities.
- Who has a passion for monitoring. Well, not just superficial system monitoring, but also end-to-end monitoring of processes, and logging.
- Who has an outspoken view on the way forward when it comes to infrastructure, and who doesn't only put out fires.
- Who contributes in providing uniformity between systems such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Who always keeps automation and first-time-right in his/her mind.
- Who's goal is obtaining an empty queue of tickets, thereby creating room for improvement.
- Who wants to keep learning and challenging/certifying himself/herself when it comes to new technologies.